Small fountain pump

julespinkyd

My brother just gave me a small turtle and i have a 20g tank that is drilled. I want to make the turtle a small little setup and am looking for a small pump to basically just circulate the water. If you have one and live near Round Rock, let me know. Thanks...

If its a common RES it'll end up needing upwards of a 100 gallon tank. And dont forget the UVB bulb! Most common way for turtles to die is a lack of UVB rays resulting in soft shell and death

Thanks for the info... I have a UV bulb from an old chameleon I used to have and at the moment I am not planning to keep the turtle past a certain size. These Alligator Snapping Turtles get pretty big. Once, it get past the size that I think is too big for a 20 g. Unless I am going to build it a pond in the back yard, i will be releasing it into the wild....

Its very much illegal to release it into the wild. Your best bet is to call TX Parks and Wildlife when you cant keep him anymore :3

If that bulb is old it may not be putting out UVB anymore. But you can always supplememt by taking him outside for 15mins a day.

hes such a cutie patotie!!!

Its very much illegal to release it into the wild. Your best bet is to call TX Parks and Wildlife when you cant keep him anymore :3

If that bulb is old it may not be putting out UVB anymore. But you can always supplememt by taking him outside for 15mins a day.

hes such a cutie patotie!!!

So are you telling me it is illegal for me to return it to the pond that I save it from being eaten by a bird? If this one was there, I am pretty sure that there are quite a few more of these there....

Yes. It it illegal to do that. Once you take it, you cant really take it back due to it possibly coming into contact with anything harmful that it may transfer to the wild population. Id still call TX Parks and Wildlife to confirm.

I know for a fact thats how it goes with fish. If you take it home and put it in a tank.. you cant release it back :/

Do you know if it's a common snapping turtle or Alligator Snapping turtle? I honestly can't tell the difference and the AST is one of those turtles you can't collect
(endangered)

I tend to always be careful with turtles of any kind, especially the snapping turtles because I personally cant tell the difference between the different varieties so I'd rather be safe than sorry. Another note, for whatever reason smaller turtles tend to be more prone to transferring salmonella to humans so be sure to keep your hands clean :)

My brother is a turtle nut and he's gotten be into it as well. We have four RES (Red Eared Sliders), one bought, one found in a classroom at a high school on a lab desk, and two collected at Lake Travis as babies.

Archived