Nem on walkabout!

Elizzy

I was going to post here for ideas on why my nem decided to move after being in one spot for months. He moved three times in two days, even into a small hole at one point. After checking all params (everything was great), I finally discovered my flow pump had been turned way down...pretty sure that's what did it. Good news is he's in a great spot now for viewing - so hopefully he stays put!

One question - should I be concerned about the white spots on him? It could be dust from the walkabout, but if you know of anything else, please let me know!

photo17_zps9eb57f26.jpg?t=1409931862

BTA's have caused far more problems for me on their walk-a-bouts than all the pests that show up on live rock combined! angry.png Good lick with it staying put. The white spots could very well be sand like Manny said but many BTA's will have bright white spots or stripes that seem to be either a single chromoprotien or combination of chromoproteins. I've had the opportunity to ask both Chalrtes Delbeek and Dana Riddle at C4 and they both said they didn't know for sure hmm.png but it was probably a chromoprotien or combination of chromoproteins so if you figure it out let men know! grin.png

Thanks :) Update: he stayed put! He hasn't moved, so I think he's happy there. Unfortunately, I've had a rough time trying to get my huge toadstool coral to stop touching it, lol. :) Think I've got them contained now, but I've seen the clownfish move the toadstool (they host it, but at least they're checking out the nem now).

Archived