Octopus Recir. Triple Pump Needlewheel 300

cmanning

I have one and it is great! I just cleaned it last night and boy that stuff was stinky. I have not done any modifications to it at all. I really have nothing, but nice things to say. I bought mine on ebay because the dealers there are WAY cheaper then any other place. For the price I really don't think they can be beat. The one I purchased is a knock off of a small deltec.

The only down side is the instructions are almost non-existent and the output tube is "universal". I had to cut my tube shorter.

I am actually seriously considering buying an octopus calcium reactor.

I have the Octopus NW200 (standard, not a recirc) and like it. I have noticed the acrylic starting to "spider" on the collection cup but not anything serious. Can’t beat the price! I ordered the skimmer from Marine Solutions and have to say the customer service was null. I sent several emails asking if they received my order and if it shipped and never heard back. It just showed up about a week and a half later. And yes, the instructions were one sheet showing how the parts went together, that’s it. All in all, I would buy another one if I had to upgrade or replace.

If you can handle some REALLY bad avatars and strong language there are some good reviews here.

Thanks for the link.....couldn't keep my eyes off the avatars (I tried):) It was very informative reading all those reviews about skimmers.

I have one and it is great! I just cleaned it last night and boy that stuff was stinky. I have not done any modifications to it at all. I really have nothing, but nice things to say. I bought mine on ebay because the dealers there are WAY cheaper then any other place. For the price I really don't think they can be beat. The one I purchased is a knock off of a small deltec.

The only down side is the instructions are almost non-existent and the output tube is "universal". I had to cut my tube shorter.

I am actually seriously considering buying an octopus calcium reactor.

Thanks for the info/call......it really helps to talk w/people that experience great success w/their equipment. My husband always has the pleasure of talking to you.

I have the Octopus NW200 (standard, not a recirc) and like it. I have noticed the acrylic starting to "spider" on the collection cup but not anything serious. Can’t beat the price! I ordered the skimmer from Marine Solutions and have to say the customer service was null. I sent several emails asking if they received my order and if it shipped and never heard back. It just showed up about a week and a half later. And yes, the instructions were one sheet showing how the parts went together, that’s it. All in all, I would buy another one if I had to upgrade or replace.

jsr---Thanks for the info......I'm wondering if your skimmer is an insump and the acrylic starting to spider on collection cup.....could this be because of the lighting that's in your sump---or not. What type of lighting do you have in sump?

We're going for the Octopus TDNW-300 Recirculating Skimmer. Will be posting pics on my blog when we set up and also when it's running full tilt.

Thanks,

-Cindy-