help feeding flagfin angel

eleyan@yahoo.com

I picked up a flagfin angel today from Aquatek on what I would admit was an impulse buy. normally I research the fish before buying them but this one looked very healthy and the guy at Aquatek said it was hardy. as I was acclimating him at home I looked up some more info and it turns out they are known for being hard to keep because their main diet in the wild is sponges and they have a hard time adjusting to other foods. after acclimating him I noticed he was still very healthy and swming around exploring the rocks and nipping at them. I tried feeding frozen misys and spironila. he was interested and niped at a couple of them but didn't eat much. has anyone had success feeding those guys before? and is there a sponge based frozen or dry food I should get for him?

I've gotten two in this past week. I haven't had any issue with them eating. They are eating Dr.Gs frozen food, PE mysis, new life spectrum garlic flakes. If he doesn't seem to be too interested in food yet, we always have success with ghost shrimp. Good luck. Beautiful fish.

it looks like he is feeding fine today. I left some seaweed sheets on a clip and he has been nipping on them the whole day. I just fed him krill and mysis and he was greedily chaising after the food. I think I freaked myself out by reading up on it online.its odd that both liveaquaria and the marine fish handbook say that they are very hard.to feed in captivity but so far every post I've read on other form says that their speciment have been eating fine.

Archived