Power Strip with individual switched outlets

britfish

Anyone know where you can buy power strips with individual switches for each of the outlets?

I've bought them in the past from www.TigerDirect.com buy they no longer stock them.

They're great for mounting in your stand and being able to swich off individual pumps, etc without unpluging them.

I've tried Googling them but so far no luck!

I'm looking for something with both the switch and the outlet on the front. The DJ ones are OK if you have access to the outlet on the back, which I don't. The ones I bought in the past from TigerDirect.com had 6 outlets each with individual switches and a 7th outlet that was permanently on, all on the front of the power strip. They had a 6ft power cord and only cost $14.99 each plus shipping. Radio Shack also had them but they no longer stock them!

I've found what I'm looking for!

A power strip with 6 individually switched outlets and a 7th that's permanently on, a 6ft power cord and a master on/off switch, all front mounted.

It's manufactured by Ultra model # ULT31570. Best price I can find is $17.99 from CDW.com

I've been using two of these power strips on my 70G reef tank for about 6 months and they are great. The second power strip plugs into the 7th outlet on the first power strip so that you only have one power cord to connect to you GFCI. It makes maintenace so much easier when you can simply switch off any individual pump or lamp rather than unplug it.

FYI, I have found an even better price, only $14.50 each, see the following link. The company is based in Arlington, TX

http://deadeyedata.com/index.php?main_page...products_id=222

I'm in the process of setting up a 215G FOWLR and just placed an order for 3 but they are back orderd until 2/15. Well worth the wait though.