Sick Sea Horse

10gReef

That looks terrible :( It's definitely not ich, I'd get him in an antibiotic pronto. Usually I read to have the hospital tank as close to 68 degrees as possible with super clean new water.

Half of my fish tank stuff is still packed from moving, but in my seahorse first aid kit there's this stuff, I think called bio-bandage. That'd be the stuff to use on that wound if you can get some. I thinks it's an antibiotic too. Also crush up some vitamin b12 to add to the water, that can help with appetite. If it seems to be healing and the seahorse still isn't eating, they are fairly easy to tube feed. Sounds crazy but works great.

No, not exactly. You use a thin catheter and stick it down its throat past the gills, then push the mashed food in, a couple times a day. Kept a seahorse alive for at least a month this way while his pop eye healed. He couldn't see the food well enough to snick it. He lived for another two years or so after that craziness.

• Like 1

Thanks Kim. I am on my way to get some antibiotics and will see if I can get bio bandages as well

I'll try and find my box of it, so let me know if you can't find it at the store.

No, not exactly. You use a thin catheter and stick it down its throat past the gills, then push the mashed food in, a couple times a day. Kept a seahorse alive for at least a month this way while his pop eye healed. He couldn't see the food well enough to snick it. He lived for another two years or so after that craziness.

wow, sorta...just don't go all the way to the stomach. i guess the good news is you don't have to worry about getting it in the lungs...

That is dedication, Kim!

no kidding...my god. errr...goddess being that it's ms. p.