Texas Rattlesnake Festival this weekend! Come check it out!

Are you free this weekend? Go check out the Texas Rattlesnake Festival! This is nothing like Rattlesnake Roundups where snakes have their mouths sewn shut or are killed in front of everyone. This is an educational even that is great for everyone, no animals will be harmed and you will have the opportunity to see nearly every type of rattlesnake in America! The animals on display will rival the quantity as well as quality of any zoo collection! Don't miss out!

1901224_738424372842022_2051908041_n.jpg

Nonononono. Large quantities of snakes in one location-guaranteed Sherita is not in that location. Is just not right. Snakes should be neither seen, nor heard.

Do

Not

Want

I'm not a fan of buzzworms. Too many livestock losses and vet bills because of them. I realize they serve a place in the ecosystem, doesn't mean I have to like them. As long as they stay out of sight (and hearing), they are safe.

Of course, I'm also not a fan of large, hairy spiders. Or stinging scorpions. Won't go see them either, LOL.

I'm not a fan of buzzworms. Too many livestock losses and vet bills because of them. I realize they serve a place in the ecosystem, doesn't mean I have to like them. As long as they stay out of sight (and hearing), they are safe.

Of course, I'm also not a fan of large, hairy spiders. Or stinging scorpions. Won't go see them either, LOL.

I know most people aren't fans of them, this was an event to educate people about them instead of cutting their heads off. I've seen many rattlesnakes in our pastures growing up and was lucky enough to never have one strike at me. I would rather snakes that go on with their own business than rats!

I'm not a fan of the spiders or scorpions either (traumatic experience with a scorpion crawling up the inside of my shirt as a child) and there are people that own them and let them crawl around on them!

No scorpion or hairy legged spider will ever survive crawling on me! Nope. Nevah.

I don't intentionally hunt out rattlers and kill them. I will do away with them if I find them in my livestock areas, or around my dog paddocks. I've spent enough money on vet bills because of snake bites, I could have bought a new car. Like I said. I won't gas them or hunt their dens. As long as they leave me alone, I will leave them alone. I feel the same way about skunks. Actually, that's a lie. I will kill any skunk I see. They are a major vector for rabies infection, and thanks to a bite a few years ago, I have experienced the rabies prophylaxis protocal first hand.

Yep, that's right. I've had my shots grin.pnggrin.pnggrin.png

Archived