Diamondback goby

bigmike015

He should be eating mysis and live black worms. I've kept them in the past, as well as, other sand sifting gobies. Prime Reef pellets will work if they get to the bottom. Since you have him separated now I would try different foods and see if he picks them up. Careful though because they're known jumpers.

I have a pair of them. They eat just about anything I put in the tank - frozen mysis, live blackworms, pellets and even small pieces of nori. These fish are always working on the sand, doing a super-great job, and I would think at some point the sand would run out of any nourishment for them... If I had a place for him, I'd take him.

He should be eating mysis and live black worms. I've kept them in the past, as well as, other sand sifting gobies. Prime Reef pellets will work if they get to the bottom. Since you have him separated now I would try different foods and see if he picks them up. Careful though because they're known jumpers.

Sascha's right. See what he'll eat. It's easier when he's separated.