Candy Cane flesh receding

Deanfe

I just noticed yesterday that I am getting some flesh receding from what I would call the stalk of my Candy Cane coral. They have been in the aquarium since I got them from the frag swap, and doing well. I just checked my water parameters and everything seems to be good, from what I have tracked since starting the tank about 4 months ago. I just looked closer to them since they have closed up some since the lights went off, and I think it has gotten worse since yesterday. Any ideas?

Looks like it may have been rubbed against by a snail or might have gotten knocked against some rocks. It just looks scraped, rather than as if the flesh is receding or tearing away from the skeleton. The fact that the heads are fully inflated and putting out tentacles is a good sign. You could dip it, but if it were me, I'd just leave it be. It will most likely recover on its on.

I was trying to remember to leave the house with my water parameters, but did forget them. No new additions, and no equipment changes. I will continue to monitor it. There are a couple of other similar spots like that, on other portions of the coral, that I don't think that a crab could rub though. Yes the heads still look good, and with the lights on they are really full.

I think that the areas with flesh missing are growing. I know that the lower part of the original base doesn't have flesh. When this thing grows does the flesh have to grow into it, because this has grown quite a bit since I have had it.

You can see some of the white spots on the inside of the coral.

post-3382-0-58000500-1390626188_thumb.jp

Edited by Deanfe