yay

seabiscuit

Congrats! All good stuff other than the flame mollusk. I don't mean to be a doomsayer, but I would not expect if to survive for long in a new tank (or any tank really).

Here is a link to an article that might give you a better chance, but I would not hold your breath. :D

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/july2002/toonen.htm

I've had one in my tank for about 8mths now. I had two, but I moved it so much that I broke the connection between the shells. It couldn't open well and still lived for many months after that.

Dena

Congrats! All good stuff other than the flame mollusk. I don't mean to be a doomsayer, but I would not expect if to survive for long in a new tank (or any tank really).

Here is a link to an article that might give you a better chance, but I would not hold your breath. :D

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/july2002/toonen.htm

I had one or may still have it. I bought it back when I had my 29g. It was eventually transfered into my 125. It proceeded to disappear and I didn't see it for a very long time. About 6 months ago I saw it while doing flashlight duty one night in the back of the tank still alive. At that point it was about 2 years old or more. I haven't seen it again since. I have a Purple Lobster in my tank too that I haven't seen since the day I put it in. I see a molt about every 2 months to tell me it is still alive.