Looking for a larger aquarium

Christian

also Fish Gallery in Austin have a couple of used 350g tanks, but they are tank only. I have seen Hydro's (Stephen) tank and his awesome and for the price i dont think you can beat it. Good luck with the tank search! Look forward to seeing what you get and see it come together in a build thread.

• Like 1

at 27 inches you are more than likely looking at a door that is not opening all the way.. I bet it's actually 27 3/4". taking the door off the hinges should allow the 2 1/4 inches you need to fit the 30 inch width.

Otherwise you're living in a pretty old house (cool!) and if you're serious about a tank that large a retro fit of a new door is a nominal expense (as in 6 months of water changes?). Plus your wife will be happy about the new front door! If this is indeed the case, I would check the pier and beam system to make sure your tank isn't going to settle off level and take risk of cracking a seam.

Sorry to be a harbinger :( Better to investigate now than find out the hard way later!