Kessill A360W Lighting Profile

jolt

Hey all -

I am in the process of assembling my gear and learning how to use it for a first time build. I am a newbie to LED lighting. I want to start with LPS corals and graduate to SPS eventually.

My question is about setting up a lighting profile for my Reef Angel controller. My new Kessil A360W has two controls "intensity" and "temperature".

So, I assume I will start the day with "intensity" low and use a parabolic curve to control it such that intensity is highest around noon.

It's the "temperature" I am not sure about. Increasing the controller value from 0%-100% goes from very blue (I would guess around 16K-ish) to more white (I would guess around 12k-ish). So does it make sense to vary "temperature" over the course of the day? If so, would it be blue->white->blue? Or white->white->blue ? Or??

Also, what would be the recommended length of time to run the light for LPS?

Thanks in advance for any opinions/advice!

Hi! I have both change over the day, to mimic a sunrise/sunset. So I do blue - not so blue - blue. I don't like the look of them turned all the way white. I think it's very subjective how white or blue you run your lights.

As long as you do any lighting changes nice and slow, it seems everyone varies a bit on how long their lights run. A lot of it depends on when you'll be around your tank because you'll want it on when you're home, of course.

They are excellent lights! Enjoy!

Archived