Stupid Anemone

4R00P3R

My poor little guy hasn't moved since I put in the new live rock. Now it stays in the shade and is shrinking. There are far less tenticles than before and the overall size is way smaller. It's not eating like it used to and it's not getting enough light to photosynthesize. I've tried spraying it with cold water to get it to let go so I can move it but that hasn't worked. Can anyone help me before my little guy dies of stupidity? Why doesn't it just move toward the light?!?

If you move it, it will will most likely move back again! It's going to find a spot where it's happy with with the water flow and light. Unfortunately this may not be where you want it to be! I've moved mine several times but he keeps moving back so now I just leave him alone.

well, i just bought a hugh bubble tip(green) anenome and he went right below my candycanes and started too burn them so i did like the LFS and moved him. Just get to the edge of his foot and act like u r tickling him right at edge. He will start to let go and then u can gentle keep moving underneath him. u wont hurt him, just be gentle. When mine is open hes between the size of a small saucer dish and a plate. I have a rock amenome(yellow) that is acting just like urs, just give him time unless u want to move him.