Apex - blinking LED's

JCAB

So I noticed that the led's I have plugged into the "light" outlet of my apex turned on for about 1-2 seconds this morning, hours before they were supposed to turn on. I called Apex support and they said that it was due to a power surge triggered when one of the other devices on the Apex turned off. The only things that could have been turning on/off are an eheim heater or an aqualifter pump. I also have a jebao wp25, but the outlet is set on "on". He suggested I buy a single surge suppressor. Has anyone else had this issue? Should I worry that there is stray voltage going into my tank?

the clock is correct (13:37). They turned on for the 1 to 2 seconds and then turned right back off. Then they turned on normally at the set time. The thing is that they don't do it all of the time as I've only noticed it a couple of times - and I stare at my tank A LOT - as I work right next to it.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses. Support told me to move the heater as far from the lights as possible (ie, if light are on 2 move heater to 8). I'll try that first and see what happens.

Archived