Tuesday's 93 Gal Cube

tuesday8877

Upgrading my old 75 gallon to a brand new 93 gal cube. Upgrade from start to finish took about 3 weeks with about 2 weeks of cycling with about half of the live rock from the old tank and some crabs and a shrimp as the only livestock. Has been running for about a week now with all the livestock in it. All the equipment and live rock was moved over from the old tank but we did replace the existing substrate with new Aragonite sand. We did end up having one loss....the yellow tang didn't make it...not sure if it was stress or an injury while catching and transporting.

Tank Specs:

93 gallon Marineland 30" x 30" x 24" Frameless Cube Corner-FloTM Pre-Drilled - plumbing kit and glass canopy included

Matching Ventura stand in black

Tank Equipment:

Lighting - 1 Evergrow Dimmable Full Spectrum D120 120W LED with 90degree optics

Powerhead 1 - Sicce Voyager 4- 1600 gph

Powerhead 2 - 1 Aqueon acp 700 - temporary while my other PH (Hydor Koralia Evolution) is soaking

1 heater

Sump Equipment:

12gal tank w/live rock only no substrate or macro algae

AquaC Remora protein skimmer

Pump 550 gph - might upgrade this soon but so far its doing a good job

BRS Dual media reactor running GFO and carbon

DIY auto top off - 5 gal water jug and an aqualifter

Substrate and Live rock:

40lbs Aragonite Seafloor Special Grade Reef Stand

approx. 120lbs of live rock - different types

Livestock:

Fish - 2 clowns, a melanurus wrasse, a coral beauty, and a yellow tang

Inverts - sea hare, a bait crab from Galveston, coral banded shrimp ( I think this guy is the sole remaining member of the original crew)

Anemones - 1 green bubble tip (from dsquare) and 1 long tentacle, and 1 tube anemone (caught in powered during move but alive)

SPS - birds nest, and 2 others that I forgot the name of

Coral - Toadstool leather, pulsing xenia, waving hand from subsea that tried to take over my entire tank now isolated in the corner! and one chunk of GSP that I keep isolated on the sand bed, 1 green hammer, 1 lobo, 1 cabbage leather, 1 candy cane, 1 brain coral (maybe), and an whole lot of what I think is called Texas trash polyps

Zoas/Palys - I have two small frags that I got at the last frag swap but I don't know the names...one is pink...its my favorite!

First Day -

kitty likes it

Today - Nov 11 2013

IMG 6068

Gallery of Setup:

I added a snowflake eel to the tank yesterday. He is so beautiful! I'm kicking myself for not taking a pic of it before putting it in...ill never get a good pic now. Going to try hand feeding him some krill tonight maybe ill be able to get some decent shots.