New puppies :-)

Lurker

So after writing in the blog today about how tired I was my min pin decided to give birth!! After setting up a new kennel she decided to have them on the ugly blanket that was sitting in my closet. I was actually at aquatek to discuss how to drill and plumb a extra 55g i have sitting around...when i came home i was suprised to see 2 new puppies! I ran downstairs to grab a heat lamp and a few new blankets and call a vet friend of mine...when i went back up stairs i noticed there were 3 puppies and another on its way into this world. 4 puppies so far and my more mother looks so drained...if you read the blog you will see how much I care about my dogs. Every animal in this house is part of my family and I never refer to them as pets...this is my view on anything that relys on me feeding it (so yes everything in my fishtank is part of the family). Im jumping up and down w/ joy that this so far has been a smooth birth but it isn't over quite yet, the next few days are going to be walking on ice. I am expecting the vet to stop by in the next hour to give the mother a clean bill of health (ie no dead puppies still in her) and check every puppy. I so far had to unwrap a cord from a puppies neck and hope this lil pup does good. I havn't looked yet to see the sexs, i won't till momma is a lil more stable. This is the 2nd litter and in honesty wasn't really wanted...I will be taking the lil boy in for a snipping on monday and when she is able to be fixed will happen. The boy is very worried as he is sitting next to the closet door and starts to cry if something is going wrong, he was the one that notified me about the pups cord around the neck. I will get a pic of the pups once they are all cleaned up..i don't want to gross anyone out as they are still wet.

Wish her luck and pray we don't lose any of these innocent little babies. :D