new lobo not showing any flesh yet

Wade

I received a Lobophyllia hemprichii from BlueZoo a couple of weeks ago. When it arrived all that was showing was it's skeletal form. I placed in my QT for a week or so then moved it to my DT a few days ago. I've not seen any change in it since it arrived. I expected it to be all drawn in when it arrived due to shipping, but I thought it would have fleshed out a bit by now. This is my first lobo so I'm sure if this is typical behavior or if there's anything special I need to do for it other than just being patient. Suggestions?

I'll take a picture this evening and post it. I can see some meat down bewteen the stony "fins" that make up its skeletal form, but that's about it. So i guess that's correct that it's no inflated. I'll see if I can get my wife to send me a picture real quick.

Edited by Wade

The tissue normally will still cover almost all of the fins when deflated. You'll be able to see the fin shapes through the tissue. It sounds more like it was damaged in the shipping process.

This is deflated: http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/showthread.php?t=548151

This is damaged: http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh254/Reef-d_Up/Aquarium/Corals/Rescues/101_0717.jpg

Could still make a recovery, but it's typically a long process if it's like the second picture.

It actually looks worse than the second picture. At least there you can see some of the flesh. Mine is pretty much all exposed fins with no flesh at all except a little way down in. I wish I'd know that wasn't normal when I received it and i could have probably got a refund. I believe it's too late now. Learning is expensive! I'll still post a picture when I get one.

I sent the photo to BlueZoo so let's see what they say. I'm past my seven day warranty period, but it was like this when I got it. I just didn't know this was bad:( Maybe they'll have mercy on my ignorant soul.