HOLY WHITE FOAM!

Ryan

A few days ago i put in a dose of cyno remover. I turned off my skimmer and let the cyno stuff do its magic (or lack there of). Then i did a 15 gallon water change (75 gallon tank). I went to turn on my skimmer last night and the motor blew. Just fried, not sure why. So today i replaced the pump with one a little smaller, but still affective. The bubble line was ridiculiously low, but it was still sucking out tons of bubbles/water. However, the bubbles weren't dirty and the water collection wasn't nasty like it usually is... just lots and lots of water. Then the line into my sump (which goes into a sock) started foaming up... What is going on?!?!

post-1917-0-19746600-1379231532_thumb.jp

post-1917-0-59968900-1379231540_thumb.jp

Pretty normal reaction if you ask me. Whenever I've used red slime remover I get the same thing. Up your water changes and run your skimmer wet. It won't take but a couple days to get the nonsense back under control. You shouldn't see any weird problems from the foam, other than the aggravation of having to deal with it.

I got ten gallons of Saltwater and started allowing it to drain... So far I've gotten rid of about 7 gallons of water that came through the sump. It's starting to subside! Finally. Thanks for the help.

The hair algae?

Yeah it looks like hair algae, your room mates tooth brush works wonders on that! Just be sure to siphon the hair algae out as you scrub it

Hahaha my roommate is my girlfriend. I don't think she'd be fond of that approach. I'm not concerned about the green, it's the Brown slimy stuff that worries me. My yellow tang is the only thing that eats it.

Archived