Bc 14gal protein skimmer

Sgtkp

Ok like the tittle says I'm Looking for a list of skimmers that will actually fit InThe hood of the bc14gal..I know wcs will suffice but I'm getting to go back to afghan and need something easy for the wife.. I would love to have one of the old sapphire nano skimmers but from what I have found they stop selling them..so anyone have any ideas?

Yup skip the skimmer, instead invest into an APEX and set up float valves to do auto water changes. Make it so the wife just dumps saltwater into a holding tank so it can pull fresh SW as needed, drain it down an existing drain, out a window, or into a container she can dump easily.

As for the skimmer recomendation I wouldn't get one of the simple air stone powered ones, and a tunze 9002 doesn't fit without mods if I remember right. Possibly get a HOB reef octopus or SCA and drill a couple holes to hang it on the back through the lid?

Honestly skip the skimmer. The little skimmers don't do much at all. I have a bio cube 29 with the tunze skimmer and I would only consider it an aerator at this point.

My 9002 does decent. Tea colored water and gunk up around the neck.