Got red worms or other "pests"?, not anymore

caferacermike

Back in January I was putting my tnak back together after an auto top off melt down failure and somehow ended up with redworms. They took over my entire tnak and ruined the hobby for me. After smothering my corals and trying "natural" remedies I've finally decided the time has come to exit the hobby. I wanted to try and clean up the tnak before listing it for sale and had decided to heck with the hermits and snails I was trying to "save" by letting the flat worms take over every inch of space and dosed a flat worm exterminator into the tnak. 20 drops in the 75g and every one of them is now dead and gone. I have a 2 ounce or so bottle that doesn't even look like I touched it if someone wants to put it to use.

Disclaimer. I just wanted to clean my tnak, sterilize it basically. If you have lots of time, dose it very slowly, like 2 drops a day for a couple of weeks and it will rid your tnak of the pests. Me, I dosed in 1 day and that was that. I lost some corals from the pollution, they may have been weak from being smothered anyways. It killed all bristleworms in the tnak and my cucumbers. I let it sit for about an hour and the water was completely clouded out with worms and toxins. I then placed a bag of carbon in my sump and the next day the tnak was sparkly clear without any pests. Beware, this stuff works like magic but do it at your own risk.

Free.I paid $32 for it.

Is free to Woods.

mFrame, I'm out. Yes the tnak is currently running and many LPS and my Tyree leather are looking great 2 weeks after the dosing. Tnak will be for sale soon. I just couldn't live with myself to sell it as a problem to someone else. As soon as I get the skimmer up and running and cut down some of the hair algae it will be for sale at a great price for someone looking to move up, or to join the hobby. Just installed a new RODI unit as well since I was topping off for a year with tap water.

Edited by caferacermike