Custom Tank Help

julespinkyd

Hello, I am in the process of building a custom tank and was wondering if anyone has recommendations on where I may purchase glass, get it drilled, and plumbing suggestions. This will be a first for me to take such a big project so I would definitely need all the advice I can get from everyone. This tank will be going into a coat closet that will be turned into a 2 and a half sided view aquarium. It will be a proximately 33"x33"x26" high. I am thinking of building it of 3/8 inch tempered glass but I think that with these dimensions I may want to go with 1/2" thick. I am not sure where to start other than the main framing. One thing to note is that the main tank framing will be made from 1/4" thick angle iron 1 1/2" x1 1/2" wide to support the framing of the roof. If everything comes out as planned with the steel framing, I should have a 1/4" thick steel cube and then be placing the glass inside. The steel framing should provide the support to the tank so that I will not need a center brace. I've already torn out my sheetrock so now it seems like there is no turning back. :s Here are some pics on where I am at on this project. My next step is going to be the steel framing that I will be getting welded. Any suggestions on this crazy project will be very well welcomed, especially since this is the perfect timing to get all your valuable input...thanks

post-977-0-48437200-1374634481_thumb.jpg

post-977-0-58730900-1374634501_thumb.jpg

post-977-0-17944400-1374634537_thumb.jpg

post-977-0-73644800-1374634554_thumb.jpg

+1-Binswanger is where I purchased my glass for the 200G. I have silicone left if you need some. I had to buy a case when I did mine.PM if interested.

Thanks offroadodge! I will keep you in mind...

Make sure you plan for exhaust to remove the humidity. That's going to look amazing!

Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely plan for the exhaust. I had not even thought about that. I've only added an AC vent and duct work to the main box in the attic.

Archived