Red bugs

fishypets

If you recieved a frag or coral from my tank after May 25 2006 there is a chance I introduced red bugs into your system. I contracted the little ******** from Hugo Zunigo aka snipersps. They seem to only be hanging out on one coral in particular. I will add pics of the coral and if you look at the small sprout comming toward the glass and up to the right you might be able to spy them in the shaded area.

If I introduced these little suckers into you tank I am so very sorry. I will treat my tank in a few weeks with a heartworm pill called Interceptor. This will kill all the red bugs plus all the crabs, shrimp, pods, etc.

This just goes to show that you can trust no one including me when it comes to the health of your corals. I let my guard down on my intensive acclimation process just once and it bit me in the rear.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to drop me a line.

Clint

IMG_6139.jpg

IMG_6140.jpg

• 1 month later...

here's an old pic of when i had them a long time ago - this is a pretty close macro, but they were definitely visible to the naked eye. i had them once more after this infestation, but they werent quite as big and they were not as bright yellow either. the second time they hung out in the polyps of the coral instead of on the smooth parts like these.

bugs1.jpg