good overflow brand?

sharkbait33

I haven't seen in but I have heard they are cheaply made and one person on RC could not get it hold water. Most likely it was user error on his part but I have used Amiracle, LifeReef and Quiet Flo's and if set up properly they are excellent. My last QuietFlo was in operation for 3 years and never failed to start up after a power outage. One thing to note is to make sure you have enough water flowing through them to let any micro bubbles flow through. On a 600 gph unit this would be about 350 gph.

I haven't seen in but I have heard they are cheaply made and one person on RC could not get it hold water. Most likely it was user error on his part but I have used Amiracle, LifeReef and Quiet Flo's and if set up properly they are excellent. My last QuietFlo was in operation for 3 years and never failed to start up after a power outage. One thing to note is to make sure you have enough water flowing through them to let any micro bubbles flow through. On a 600 gph unit this would be about 350 gph.

I use one of them now and do not have problems with it.

We have been running one for a couple months with no problems.

How many GPH is your overflow rated for? These are by far the CHEAPEST overflows Ive seen! And being in this hobby, cheap, but of good quality, is DEF what i'm looking for.

I'm just hoping I can hook everything up right :/

How many GPH is your overflow rated for? These are by far the CHEAPEST overflows Ive seen! And being in this hobby, cheap, but of good quality, is DEF what i'm looking for.

I'm just hoping I can hook everything up right :/

I am not sure you you would measure the flow rate, but here is info on my setup. I have a single overflow box that dumps into my refugium. Everything is wide open and a I have a 350GPH pump that returns the water to the tank. My refugium is also along side my tank, so I am sure this slows the water flow to some extent.