Clarkii Clown:1 Helfrichi Firefish:0

ReeferKris

So I got my helfrichi firefish and a banded coral shrimp today and within 10 seconds my Clarkii clown had the helfrichi by the tail and put it into his anemone never to be seen again. ****! I just put the Clarkii in about a month ago and I had NO idea he cared anything about the nem since I have NEVER seen him go to it. (usually hangs out by my frogspawn or a patch of Zoas)

Live and learn I guess. This was my first attempt with a hff and it was a costly gamble I suppose.

Ouch!!!! Costly food. If that becomes a habit you may look into acclimating black or sailfin mollies to salt and letting him feed the nem with them. I did this for an S.Tapetum I used to have. Mollies are a brackish and estuary fish and thrive in a full salt environment. I use them to cycle and have a couple of dalmation mollies in my 58.

Mollies make the perfect live food and breed like crazy in full salt.

Here is a pic of my old anemone enjoying a freshly caught snack. :wave:

ByeMolly.jpg

I am honestly at this time debating whether or not I can keep a fish with this type of aggression. I try to run a peaceful reef since the reason I am into this hobby is to be able to rid the day of itself at the end of every night by watching my tank. I bought a nice peaceful fish, acclimated it well, set it free to roam about it's new home and BAM!!! His life was taken and I know they are animals and will behave as such, I personally dont think I have room in the tank for him anymore.....shame too cause he's pretty nice looking.