Wanted: Tiny Tunicate

LEW

I have been wanting a tiny tunicate for my pico reef for some time now. Does anyone have any they would part with. Preferably something colorful and non-invasive.

Thanks

i thought tunicates where for the most part colorless? and relivitily small? or is there a specific kind of tunicate you have in mind? the ones in lab we looked at were only mabye 2 inches. im sure there is more out there.

A lot of them are fairly translucent. Not all. I have seen some that were opaque. There are surely hundreds if not thousands of tunicate species. Once I saw some purple ones in a lfs like the ones in the picture. I have been trying to find some more like that ever since.

post-214-1197906739_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Those are very hard to keep alive, I've tried a lot. I do have a couple of tiny solitare sea squirts (red or purple) that ocassionaly come in on rock that i could pass on to you.

Rufus

A lot of them are fairly translucent. Not all. I have seen some that were opaque. There are surely hundreds if not thousands of tunicate species. Once I saw some purple ones in a lfs like the ones in the picture. I have been trying to find some more like that ever since.

That would be fantastic. I have had very good luck with filter feeders in my nano, it's nice and dirty for them :please:.

I'll PM you. Thanks.

Those are very hard to keep alive, I've tried a lot. I do have a couple of tiny solitare sea squirts (red or purple) that ocassionaly come in on rock that i could pass on to you.

Rufus

• 3 weeks later...