Cannon rebel EOS

haze152

It's not a bad camera. There are better ones nowadays, but you can still take great pictures on that one. I wouldn't go out and replace it just for the sake of it. Biggest issue I have with that camera is the flash card type, and the sheer size of it.

There's a few ways to deal with the macro. You can use a cheap zoom lens with a macro feature. This doesn't yield bad results IMO. Not the best setup ever but it's cheap and easy to use with no modifications. If you need one of these, I have an extra you can play with that fits your camera. Cost on these is $30 - $200 depending on the specific lens.

You can get a true 1:1 Macro lens. These are amazing lenses but they're **** expensive, like $500 and up. They're also in very high demand, so it's tough to find deals even on used ones. Cost not prohibitive, this is the best option IMO.

Option 3 is to use a reverse lens kit. This literally reverses the lens on the camera and can yield some pretty amazing results. There's been some discussion here on ARC about these, but some quick google searching will also show what these setups can do. Cost for these is around $50.

I have seen extension tubes that you can buy are they worth a crap? I know you lose some feautures like AF. I would live to try your lense and if it works out pay you for it if you want to part with it.

Archived