Got sand?

SirReal63

I am about to fill the 58 with water and am looking for volunteers to donate a cup of sand to seed the tank. I am hoping to get as many volunteers as possible to obtain some diversity of fauna.

I may also be looking for some oolitic type dry sand that is leftover and unused or minimally used. :-) Tell me what you have and what you want for it.

The tank is being set up with Marco Rock so it has no biological base at all. I will seed the rock with some live rock in a few weeks.

fordmustang22 had some free crushed coral that we could split if he still has it. It's not "seeded" so it won't add any biodiversity, but if you want some "some oolitic type dry sand" it should work. I'm not sure if it's aragonite or rubble rock. I haven't had time to pick it up, but you can or this weekend I can. Will you send him a PM?

Edited by 4R00P3R

4R00P3R...crushed coral won't work. I am looking for sugar sized sand. I will most likely buy a bag but you never know till you ask.

WryKnow....that would be perfect...it may be next week before I am ready. I have to plumb the tank and put the g/f on a plane before the weekend. I am sure I will be spending more time with her than working on the tank this week. ;-) I hope top have it plumbed, sanded and full of water by early next week.