Bpb's 55

Bpb

Progress has halted on tank business until today. My work schedule pretty much leaves me with one day a week to work on it due to long hours at the clinic, and a lot of family obligations (could be a lot worse!).

I really hated the outcome of my experimental canopy frame and will likely take it apart and use it for scrap. The cabinet maker may be a great resource but the turnaround on that could potentially be so slow it won't be worth it. I really need to find a good canopy build that isn't too high tech or ornate, and won't cost an arm and a leg to build. So far I've seen some great canopy builds but most are way too elaborate. I'll have to brainstorm it today some

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bleached the crap out of my red planet running the halides too long today. Oops. Good news is. Two clip on fans from target were so effective that they actually pulled the temps lower than I normally run them. How bout that. Once they reached 79 I turned one fan off. Amazing how well they worked

Yeah kinda bummed about my red planet but it'll bounce back. I think I'm gonna cease the "only run them a few days a week in the temporary canopy till the final one is done" game and just stick with the t5 until I get a proper canopy. The back and forth can't be good for anything

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a good couple years. This tank has gotten my foot into the door of reefing. But it's truly just been a foot in the door. Gonna now put this thread in the ground. Farewell pictures will go up eventually. The sequel can be seen here:

http://www.austinreefclub.com/topic/31030-bpbs-90-gallon-sps-dominant/

Archived