Need to rehome a tomato clown

KarenM

Very healthy and colorful, 2" long at the most, but he keeps attacking my foxface. He really needs an anemone and will definately host it. Ever since my anemone died he's been hovering over the frogspawn in the center of the tank. He doesn't bother the coral beauty or basslet, but any time the foxface enters the center area of the tank the tomato goes after him and will keep biting him until he dives into a cave. I've had the clown about 4 months and the foxface maybe 2 months.This just started a few days ago, but it's getting worse. I have a No Tolerance rule of getting along, so he has to go.

I think he would do well in a longer tank with his anemone on one end, rather than in the middle of all the traffic.

i have a 30 gal fuge. its not what you were looking for. but i wouldl ove to give him a home. he would be on his own. there is quite a bit of rockwork and some cheato. i would glady put in some fake anenome stuff. (no not the plastic ones from petsmart that will shred) but what i find. no i dont have an anenome.

Edited by chatfouz

i have a 30 gal fuge. its not what you were looking for. but i wouldl ove to give him a home. he would be on his own. there is quite a bit of rockwork and some cheato. i would glady put in some fake anenome stuff. (no not the plastic ones from petsmart that will shred) but what i find. no i dont have an anenome.

The point of a fuge is to give the pods a safe place to dominate. Adding a clown would be defeating the purpose unless you have an herbavore tank and only use your fuge for filtration.

Where is your fuge? He's very lively and likes to watch everything. He'll eat out of your hand or out of a net, very friendly. If your fuge is in a cabinet, I don't think he'd do very well. But if your fuge is out in the open where he can see everything and get attention, it would be fine.

Where is your fuge? He's very lively and likes to watch everything. He'll eat out of your hand or out of a net, very friendly. If your fuge is in a cabinet, I don't think he'd do very well. But if your fuge is out in the open where he can see everything and get attention, it would be fine.

oh my. i dont use my fuge for pod production. i use it because it adds water to the system. it is open. my tanks are over under. so both are open to the view of the room. but it is basically an empty 30 gal tank.

Sounds like it would be a good place for him and I appreciate you giving him a good home. He's a nice guy, just a little obnoxious for my other fish. He does swim with my coral beauty and basslet, so he could use a friend or 2. He's just taken a sudden dislike to the foxface.

If I recall right, you're a student at SWTSU, right? I'm in Georgetown. How can we work this out?