Mag Drive 18

SChrisEV

smile.png So I'm not surprised that no-one was a Mag 18 to sell, but no input on where to buy one at a good price? My tank is getting hotter than I like and my hope is one of these replacing three submerged pumps might be the trick I need. Save needing a chiller.... I hope!

I've heard good things about the eheim pumps, but the 1262 is only rated at 910GPH, the Mag 18 is ...well rated at 1800GPH. I'm worried that the 910 is not going to be as much as I want. Planning a manifold approach.

Leary about used equipment, especially one that will drive, all my equipment; water return, skimmer, canisters etc. But I'll look on Craigslist. Does AquaDome or RCA carry the 18? Anyone know? BRS might be the winner. If so I'll be at free shipping.

Check out Dr Foster's, they have the "pondmaster" mag 18 for $139 vs $179 at most places for the "supreme". They are pretty much the same thing, same company, the only diff is the pondmaster has a 18' power cable vs 10' and different screws on the face plate (both are saltwater safe).

I only know this because i did my research when i wanted to buy a mag 18. I like mag drive pumps however i decided to go with an external pump, reeflo snapper dart hybrid.

Thanks mrshall1027, that's a good deal for that pump. Dr Foster's Not sure how many people will see this posting here, I might start another. With this order I will have free shipping if anyone is interested in anything from Dr Foster's. I've never ordered from them, but I do see this is only good on there dry good site, not LiveAquaria.com. I'm in no real rush to order, but if I don't order in the next couple days I will likely wait until the 29th or 30th to place my order.

Danner also has a $15 rebate going on right now for the pondmaster pumps, so this is even a better deal!

For more info: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Media/PDF/133348-MagDriveRebate050113-063013.pdf

I may buy a mag 18 as well and try to hop on with you if that's OK. Need to check finances but will post on here if I do end up getting one. Maybe I could just PayPal the cash to you if so?.....

Archived