LED Lighting - BuildMyLED

SOUTHAUSTINREEF

I have had many aquarium lights over the past 30 years in the hobby. I have not found one as great as Randy's BuildMyLED made right here in South Austin.

They are attractive, light weight, powerful, colorful and make things thrive. I have purchased my third light and run them in series from the smaller 24" one in the

morning then gradually dimming up to the 36" one. Simulates real world conditions very well with bright intensity. They use commercial grade LED's so they are not some cheap consumer transistors. Also the colors of your corals will POP! Corals have natural UV protection which is amplified by their lights with almost a "blue light" effect. Let's face it, enclosed systems are on the brink just about all the time

and the amount we spend on live stock it only makes sense to try to match the real world as best as possible. Kudos to this fine Austin company!!

post-3219-0-49513200-1367327805_thumb.jp

post-3219-0-73288600-1367327846_thumb.jp

post-3219-0-73846100-1367327912_thumb.jp

that is a cool tank. i bet it looks really neat at night with the light spilling up onto the wall around the frame.

i wish i would have known by buildmyleds a few months ago. not that i am disappointed with mine, but it would have been nice to check out the option and support a quality local company.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived