Clear Cover

NewtoReef

Hey all! I kind of dropped of the map here for a bit, i was waiting for my tank to do some maturing so not much has been going on in the water world. i took a week long trip to big bend and it was amazing! 3 inches of snow in the chisos mountains!

So now that i have a new lighting system i no longer have a hood for my tank. im losing alot of water through evaporation and was wondering if someone knew of a good material that wouldnt block out the light that i could use to construct a cover. I also was wondering if it was good for the tank to have that evaporation as long as i top off with fresh water. i also plan on building a hood to go over the lighting system entirely.

Thanks. Gaber.

• 2 weeks later...

From the research I have done Acrylic will not block any of the light rays that the tanks needs. Glass will block certain light. Regal plastics sells Acrylic and they can cut it to size for you if you do not have the equipment to do it yourself.

With all that said we do not have a cover on our 100G or the 30G Refugium. I am currently adding about 3 gallons per day.