Where to Buy Big Glass Pieces

Dena

We're looking at building our own 240 gallon or so tank...with a divider so half can be fish and half can be reef...hubby's idea. We know it has to be at least 1/2" thick glass. Where can you get this and does anyone know how expensive it is?

Thanks,

Dena

I have used

Binswanger Glass Co

1416 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX

(512) 472-2421

It's going to be expensive for that much glass; you're still buying new and not used. You also need a brace across the top like most large tanks have. I don't know where you got the 1/2" quote, but thickness depends on shape as much as gallonage. Where did you see 1/2"?

Thanks! My husband did the research on the tank...he may have looked up 200 gallon, but I'd like bigger. We won't have money for a while, so right now it's just a pipe dream.

Dena

I have used

Binswanger Glass Co

1416 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX

(512) 472-2421

It's going to be expensive for that much glass; you're still buying new and not used. You also need a brace across the top like most large tanks have. I don't know where you got the 1/2" quote, but thickness depends on shape as much as gallonage. Where did you see 1/2"?

I have a friend that is in the glass business. He cuts his own glass. if you have dimensions i could possbly get u a price. Or you can call him at Austin Auto Glass (LARRY). His father passed the business down to him and was taught well on cutting flat glass. Plus he could probly give u pointers on glueing. Binswanger on Lamar is gone now. Dimolished about a year ago.

Edited by offroadodge

Thanks...haven't decided on exact dimensions. We won't be needing it real soon...need to move and save up some money.

Dena

I have a friend that is in the glass business. He cuts his own glass. if you have dimensions i could possbly get u a price. Or you can call him at Austin Auto Glass (LARRY). His father passed the business down to him and was taught well on cutting flat glass. Plus he could probly give u pointers on glueing. Binswanger on Lamar is gone now. Dimolished about a year ago.