To close to the light?

C_Malin

Last night I noticed my ORA Green Birdsnest's ployps were not extended on the top side of the branches. Today I noticed a few spots that looked like it has bleached out a few of the branches. I lowered the coral to the bottom of the tank (about 6"lower) in hopes it would bounce back. Question is this, has anyone had this same experience and what are the chances of it bouncing back? and do you think it might have been caused by being to close to the light source?

how far between the bulb and the water, and between the water and the coral? 15" should be plenty. did the coral start acting up before or after the water change? I would guess that it's a water quality issue. I would test your parameters. Are there any anemonies or stinging corals in your tank? As long as the coral isn't dead it will "bounce back" if you fix the problem.

Edited by 4R00P3R

how far between the bulb and the water, and between the water and the coral? 15" should be plenty. did the coral start acting up before or after the water change? I would guess that it's a water quality issue. I would test your parameters. Are there any anemonies or stinging corals in your tank? As long as the coral isn't dead it will "bounce back" if you fix the problem.

Thanks I think lowering it was the key looks like thats what it needed.

wait so you fixed it? or was it not a problem and go away?

I think i fixed, it the coral is doing much better. I think I might have shocked the poor guy when I upgraded my Power Compacts to Metal Halide. and from what I have read on reef central it seems to like lower light then most sps.