Used Custom Sump for Sale

Wryknow

I have a used custom sump that I'm looking to get rid of. It is designed to sit under a 180/215 tank with some room left on noth ends. It would pfit under a 150 gallon stand as well but there wouldn't be a lot of room left over. The sump is approximately 20" wide, 42" long, and 18" tall and is drilled for an external skimmer and external pump (but the holes are currently plugged since I was using an internal pump.) It also has a small hole for a float swith (also available) for top-off water/kalk dosing. It works just fine but I fooled around with my system set-up and no longer need this. Photos are available on request. $50 takes it. I might also be willing to make a trade for some good frags. (I have a soft spot for unusual and colorful zoanthids and encrusting montipora.)

Jason

I have a used custom sump that I'm looking to get rid of. It is designed to sit under a 180/215 tank with some room left on noth ends. It would pfit under a 150 gallon stand as well but there wouldn't be a lot of room left over. The sump is approximately 20" wide, 42" long, and 18" tall and is drilled for an external skimmer and external pump (but the holes are currently plugged since I was using an internal pump.) It also has a small hole for a float swith (also available) for top-off water/kalk dosing. It works just fine but I fooled around with my system set-up and no longer need this. Photos are available on request. $50 takes it. I might also be willing to make a trade for some good frags. (I have a soft spot for unusual and colorful zoanthids and encrusting montipora.)

Jason

I'm intrested for a trade...Do you have pics? If you can get on MAAST look in the photography forum at engwife's pics

OK, there was a lot more interest in this than I thought there would be. Here's some photos of the sump. I was a little off on the over-all measurements (I was doing it from memory when I placed my original post.) The sump measurements are actually 37" x 18.5" x 18". It is partitioned for a large refugium and has a bubble trap on both ends. I've also got a float switch and a top-off water jug that makes a very reliable auto-top-off system. The water just gravity feeds into the sump when the water level drops and activates the float switch. Adding kalk is really easy too - just add a couple of tablespoons into the water jug and shake it whenever you add more top-off waqter to the jug. Anyway, the sump is $50 and for another $10 I'll throw in the float switch and the water jug so for $60 you can have a nice sump and top-off system. The set-up is designed for an external pump for the return and one to feed an external skimmer but I just added some PVC plugs and used internal pumps myself (an E-heim 1262 fits just fine in the return chamber.) I'm still willing to trade for frags as well. Just let me know what you've got if you're interested! :)

post-162-1196752278_thumb.jpg

post-162-1196752357_thumb.jpg

post-162-1196752586_thumb.jpg

would like to see pics of the layout too if ya get em on the thread

or let me know and I'll PM my e-mail

I just wanted to let you know that I posted pictures of the sump last night in my add on ARC. Please let me know if you're still interested.

Regards,

Jason