Comment on my tank.

ReeferKris

Some from tonight. Enjoy or don't. Feel free to comment. What do you like, what dont you like? Is this tank visually appealing to you? Be honest as I am getting bored with the hobby and need to know if I should get out before it drives me crazy. I recently sold some fish and will be getting a pair of nice flasher wrasse soon. Lighting is 440w VHO utilizing 2 actinic, 1 actinic white and 1 6500k (for rapid growth).

If you click this thread, please leave comments.

post-193-1196135287_thumb.jpg

post-193-1196135319_thumb.jpg

post-193-1196135330_thumb.jpg

post-193-1196135358_thumb.jpg

post-193-1196135371_thumb.jpg

post-193-1196135399_thumb.jpg

post-193-1196135422_thumb.jpg

Looks good to me. Maybe a bit on the blue side, but I cannot tell if it is the picture or the actual color. What kind of substrate are you using?

I think its my camera settings. I suck at photography. Any advice? I use a Nikon D40 so I am limited and the lens is blah....I use SeaChems Gray Coast sand. I like it alot but admittedly I do need about 2 more bags. If anyone uses this sand do yourself a favor.....RINSE,RINSE,RINSE,RINSE.....and then rinse some more.

Kris,

I think the composition of your reef is really great and see a ton of potential for fine tuning the corals in the 'scape as they grow. The one negative that I can see is that I truly don't like your bulb combo as VHO "white" bulbs of any type always give out a pink glow (this goes for white, actinic white, 6500, all of them).

I would stay with 2 actinic bulbs but move to T5 for the rest of the tank's lighting. An ATI Blue Plus would lend a nice blue look to the eye and color up corals while the ATI Aquablue Special would be a white bulb with the faintest hint of blue.

One of my friends had the same setup as you and retrofitted 4 T5's to balance the look and couldn't be happier with the result.

John