PVC Fitting

jsr

I am looking for PVC "T" that has two 1" inlets and a single 2" outlet. Make sense? I want to hard plump my drains with the 1" PVC tubing and have the 2" go right into the sump. Does anyone know where I can get on these fittings? Everywhere I have been in town says they do not exist, others say they must be custom made.

-James

If you want to run two 1" pipes together all you need is a 1.5" outlet. (sqrt2=1.4") I know they make "T" fittings. Everyone uses them; they are very common. I would check HD or Lowe's and see if there is one that's 1" into 1.5". They may have meant there's no such thing as a 1" into 2" because there's no need for that large of an outlet.

If you want to run two 1" pipes together all you need is a 1.5" outlet. (sqrt2=1.4") I know they make "T" fittings. Everyone uses them; they are very common. I would check HD or Lowe's and see if there is one that's 1" into 1.5". They may have meant there's no such thing as a 1" into 2" because there's no need for that large of an outlet.

I was at HD and Lowes and could not find anything that has a larger outlet. I did find the T that had two 2" inlets and a 1" outlet, but that is backwards for what I need.

And if you don't find them with the other white PVC fittings, check the irrigation aisle. Those fittings are black, but they should have couplings that either reduce or increase the sizes. So you could get a 2x2x2 and reduce the 2 inlets down to 1". You'll probably need 2 couplings per side to get the male/female ends right.