Powder Brown Ich

sifuentes31

When i bought my Powder Brown at RCA's first Friday sale he looked good. No signs of ich. After a two days he started to spot here and there then after a week he was loaded with it. So i started feeding algae strips dipped with fresh garlic. He ate great and swam great for another few days until this past Sunday. I was awake early in the morning and i noticed him swimming frantically and rubbing every rock there was. So i set up my 10g QT tank and did a hyposalinity at 1.016. Then i dosed with Seachems copper. So he's been in there and the white spots have turned dark gray. Yester day he looked good and his color looked good. But today i turned on the light and he SUPER LOADED with grey spots all over his body. He doesn't look like he's eating as well as he should. Is this a sign that he's getting beter? Worse? Am i doing something wrong? I was even thinking doing a fresh water dip but i know he's stressed to the max.

post-2319-0-32129500-1363176049_thumb.jppost-2319-0-22332100-1363176077_thumb.jp

If he's not eating, I would be more worried. Did you slowly drop the salinity to 1.016? Maybe doing the salinity and the copper together is too much... I've never done either but I've read to only do one or the other at once, not together. Good luck! I wish I could help you more. unsure.png

Talked to the guys at RCA and they suggested to use Quick Cure and to stop using the copper. Not sure if it works or not but i did some research and the only thing i found that looked similiar to the grey spots was turbelleria. I kind of flat work parasite. Formalin would help there but kinda of hard to find. Another thing that i read that is 100% was to do the fresh water dip. I might just go that route since he isn't getting any better and it might just be the hail mary he needs. Either way if i do nothing he won't survive. I'm going to do it tonight. And i'll try to buy some PVC tonight when i get out of work.