Fu Manchu Lion not eating

4R00P3R

I'm not sure if I spelled that correctly, but it's not eating. I got some ghost shrimp today but I'm not sure how to feed him. I should have put him in my quarintine tank until he was eating regularly but I forgot. It's hiding behind all the rocks and has barely moved since I got it. Will it starve itself to death or get hungry and come out to look for food?

No more worries. I got the ghost shrimp in a turkey baster and was able to release the shrimp into the cave where the lion perches. Within one minute the lion noticed something and started looking around. It was so cool to watch the stupid shrimp walk right up to the lion's face and then get gulped.

No more worries. I got the ghost shrimp in a turkey baster and was able to release the shrimp into the cave where the lion perches. Within one minute the lion noticed something and started looking around. It was so cool to watch the stupid shrimp walk right up to the lion's face and then get gulped.

are you going to try to train it to frozen? i love the fu manchu, but so difficult to keep full.

be carful. remember that is a saltwater fish. it has evolved to a diet of saltwater nutrients. the ghost shrimp are fresh and lack the proper nutrients needed for him. they are great snacks for fun but nothing but live freshwater foods will cause liver failure. the same is for feeding goldfish to large lions. ends up killing them. it may be a really good idea to train it to krill or something and then when you want to show off throw in shrimp.

Golfish have a very high fat content so that's why they cause preditors to have liver failure. I probably will try to get it to eat frozen krill just in case there is a problem with the shrimp. Thanks for the info.

you may be right. i thought it had to do with the highly unsaturaded fatty acids and saltwater stuff had different chains than freshwater. i dont know for sure. i just have always told keep the food from the same waters. anyone have better information?