Leopard Wrasse

mrshall1027

I spotted one of these for the first time this weekend in the display tank and AquaDome and I feel in love!! I've been doing some research on them and I would love to add one to our 135 when the right time comes.

If you have one, how has your experience been with them?

Great fish, make sure you have a sand bed that isn't coarse as they like to bury themselves and will hurt themselves if you have rough aragonite. They're also not completely reef safe (hermits and other small inverts like decorative shrimp).

Mike, do you have one yourself? If so, where did you purchase it from? I don't mind not having hermits and when you say decorative shrimp, you mean smaller ones like sexy shrimp right? I have a skunk cleaner that I want to keep safe.

i just got a female ornate lepord wrasse from rca about two weeks ago and love her, they are supposedly hard to get to eat frozen food but my tank has been up for a little over four years, so i knew there was a lot of life for her to munch on while i train her, she was very active at the store so that is why i tired her, they sleep in the sand, so sand bed is a must, do not quarintine in a quick setup, quarintine tank needs to be established with sand, i just threw her in to my display tank, as a lot of websites said it is better not to quarantine this fish. She quickly acclimated and burrowed into the sand. From the first week she has been a real active fish, but could not get her to feed, until i went and bought every type of finicky fish food ii could find, tried all and didnt eat any till i tried the last one, which was mysisds (go figure) she took to them quickly and has been eating pretty good for about two weeks,They are pretty easy going fish, dosnt bother my crabs, or my shrimps, or my few hermits, prob wouldnt put most wrasses with any thing as small as a sexy shrimp or porcelin crab, though my porcelins are the size of a nickle, now my favorite fish in the tank

Mike, do you have one yourself? If so, where did you purchase it from? I don't mind not having hermits and when you say decorative shrimp, you mean smaller ones like sexy shrimp right? I have a skunk cleaner that I want to keep safe.

as kingjames420 said, your skunk cleaner should be safe. Smaller shrimp like sexies can definitely be a target. Every fish is a bit different so you might get with that leaves everything else alone.

I don't have one (yet), but it's still a very cool fish.

Archived