PAR Intensity Maps - Need your Feedback

BuildMyLED

ARC...Many customers have requested PPFD measurements (PAR) for our five beam angles, so we are planning to add this information to our website soon. However, I would like your feedback before we finalize the maps we will use to convey the information. Here is a SAMPLE mockup for a 48" fixture with 30 degree optics. Please review and let me know if this is useful information. Note, we will publish charts for aquarium applications (in water), and we will also publish charts for air applications (horticulture, white light, architectural lighting, etc.). Also, we will publish PPFD, lux and footcandle measurements for each spectrum. Some of the values are filler content, so don't worry about the values. This page was created to convey the concept smile.png

Would these charts be helpful? What else would you like to see?

http://www.buildmyled.com/30-degree-beam-angle/

Nick

Those are very useful charts! As they are I can use them to calculate expected intensities if I have several fixtures next to each other. I really like that you are including lux readings along with PAR and footcandle. While not as ideal as actually having the entire spectrum being able to just use a inexpensive lux meter versus relatively expensive PAR meters would help a lot of aquarists get a better understanding of the light field in their tanks. The one thing that strikes me as potentially confusing is each chart is calibrated from 100% down to 10%. You may already be planning to deal with this since you mention posting light readings but seems to me the only chart that actually should have 100% would be the one at 3". The charts farther away would reflect the lower light readings because of distance so the chart at 6" may only have the center brightest section at 90% and the chart at 24" the center brightest area may only be 40 or 60% of the first chart.

Archived