One Blenny Too Many

aemerson

Hello people. Is anyone in the market for a Redlip Blenny? I ordered some fish from saltwaterfish.com and they sent me a redlip blenny by mistake (instead of the royal gramma I was expecting.) I also got the lawnmower blenny (which I did order to eat my hair algae) and I think keeping the redlip would be one blenny too many in a 55 gallon. I just got him today and he is still in the bag. I am hoping that someone will be interested in taking him for a small rehoming fee and that you could take him today so that he doesn't have to move twice. Let me know. Thanks! Alice

P.S. I live in Pflugerville and work in Georgetown, but could also meet you in Northish/Centralish Austin if that would help.

If you can't find another home for him, I'll take him. I live in Georgetown and can probably pick him up from you later this afternoon. I've got to get another battery for my car, and when I finish that I can let you know.

You might want to drop Redlip in to Google Karen? There are two fish that are commonly passed off as redlips. One is aggressive and not reef safe IMO, and other is not as bad. I am pretty sure neither will get along with other blennies or fish with similar shape.

You might want to drop Redlip in to Google Karen? There are two fish that are commonly passed off as redlips. One is aggressive and not reef safe IMO, and other is not as bad. I am pretty sure neither will get along with other blennies or fish with similar shape.

I checked it out on liveaquaria. I don't have any other blennies. I'm really wanting a mandarin in the next several months, but if she can't find a home for it I'll put the mandarin on hold.

I'm just such a sucker for homeless pets. For years I ran a home for wayward hamsters and guinea pigs.