impeller axle for Accela pump

Bogdan

Impeller axle broke in my old Accela pump (the original which comes in JBJ 28G Biocube) during the cleaning process. This is plastic 2.5" rod. If you have one that you don't need or have any ideas for replacement for this part please LMK.

Thanks

take it up to RCA or any pond pump store I know there was one in cedar park that should have something to work. I dunno is that part is cermaic or plastic though, has to be one or the other to be rigid enough yet not magnetic.

The impeller axle should be ceramic as it needs to be able to handle the friction of the impeller turning on it.

Aquatek has Eheim impeller shafts that you might be able to use. Check the various LFS's if they could order your specific pump's impeller shaft. There's Hill Country Water Gardens as Bio3 mentioned.

Alternatively, you can look for carbon fiber or stainless steel rod. I'll be trying CF as I just broke my Mag5 impeller shaft. Mine has an OD of 3.76 mm per caliper. I picked up a 4 mm CF rod from Hobby Town which measures 3.81 +/- per caliper. It fits the impeller, but binds a bit so I plan on sanding it down a bit. Rod cost $6 for 1 m length.