265g tank/stand

ckimble

For sale is a 265g (84x24x30) glass tank and stand. Single overflow drilled for 2x1.5" and 1x1" bulkheads, Euro-braced, and drilled for a closed loop. I picked this up from a MARSH member in Houston a couple of months ago. After cleaning it up we discovered some scratches in the glass. I have owned and seen worse, but as this is going to very visible in the house we want it to be perfect. I have decided to go with a new tank so this one has got to go.

I have filled the tank with 6" of water and no leaks for 48 hours. I have not filled completely to test, but from the cleanup we did looks like it should be good.

I have removed the skins and doors from the stand to refinish, but haven't got to that point yet so it will need to be refinished and/or reassembled.

Asking $500 or best offer to make up for the money I spent on it.

Here are the pics...

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

I would LOVE This...just saw and responded to your post on CL. I can't afford that much, but could offer a little more...maybe $300. I can give it all to you when I get my Christmas bonus. I know you don't know me, but I'm not a scammer LOL. I'm usually the one to get scammed unfortunately. PLEASE!!!!!

Dena

Is it scratched on all sides or just one?

It has scratches on most of the panels, some worse than others. It is hard to get a picture of them, the best I can say is come take a look at it and decide for yourself.

What the heck? I thought you guys were going to put that in the house.

Plans have changed, we are actually going bigger :D

I changed my mind. Why would any one mess up an awesome peninsula by drilling the bag?

Your right, it would be awesome as a peninsula without the holes on the back. I bought it used with the holes already drilled. However, I found I could get a replacement 84x30 glass panel for ~$150 so with a little work it could be "fixed". I am just not experienced enough to swap a piece of glass that big.

Thanks for the interest everyone... Dee is the proud new owner.

Anyone available this Saturday evening to help us move it?

Thanks Craig! It was nice meeting your family and fish tonight. I think this is great for what we'll be using it for right now.

Dena

I can't help you lift that tank, but I'm available if there's anything I can help with.

Thanks Karen...we won't be setting it up until we move in January.

Craig, I'm going to try to find some neighbors this week to help. Maybe we can avoid you having to drive all the way down here.

Dena

Thanks Craig! It was nice meeting your family and fish tonight. I think this is great for what we'll be using it for right now.

Dena

That puffer is going to be so happy in that big tank

Craig, I'm going to try to find some neighbors this week to help. Maybe we can avoid you having to drive all the way down her

Just let me know

That puffer is going to be so happy in that big tank

Just let me know

Or maybe there are some members that are in south austin that wouldn't mind meeting at our house after we leave yours...anyone somewhat close to 35 and william cannon???

Dena

Given the multiple moves Dena and her family are going through they decided not to buy right now. So I am putting this back up for sale. I also have a 55g sump that I will include with the deal. I just ordered the new 280g so I would like to get this thing out of my garage and into a new home.

Pictures of the sump...

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

• 1 month later...
Given the multiple moves Dena and her family are going through they decided not to buy right now. So I am putting this back up for sale. I also have a 55g sump that I will include with the deal. I just ordered the new 280g so I would like to get this thing out of my garage and into a new home.

Pictures of the sump...

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

Have you sold the tanks? I would be interested.

Thanks,

Dean