Looking for a blue spotted Kole Tang and an

KarenM

Correction - looking for tang only since the goby will delay my plan for a mandarin.

Before I order this guy online, I'm trying one more time to find him around here (can't find him in the LFS). Like everyone else, I'd like to see a fish before I buy it. And I prefer to buy from an individual who's had the fish for awhile so I know it's healthy, but I don't want one too far past middle-age.

• 2 weeks later...

They have a Kole tang at RCA, but I am not sure about the blue spots. I saw it on Saturday. I am still struggling with fishes prices here in Austin. :doh: I picked up a powder brown for dirt cheap, but the kole was way more than I expected. I guess it is seasonal or regional. Things I am used to be cheap are expensive, and the expensive things are cheap. Weird! I cannot believe the prices on Xenia! I used to throw that stuff away all the time in my old tank.

They have a Kole tang at RCA, but I am not sure about the blue spots. I saw it on Saturday. I am still struggling with fishes prices here in Austin. :doh: I picked up a powder brown for dirt cheap, but the kole was way more than I expected. I guess it is seasonal or regional. Things I am used to be cheap are expensive, and the expensive things are cheap. Weird! I cannot believe the prices on Xenia! I used to throw that stuff away all the time in my old tank.

Oooh, I'll have to call and ask. I'm not sure, but I think they're something like $40 from an online store. Although I hate the thought of that. :(

Must be a different version of the Kole then. Most of the Kole's I have seen/bought are $9.99 so I had a bit of sticker shock Saturday. On the other hand all the Powder Browns and Blues I have seen have been double the price (or more) I paid Saturday.

Must be a different version of the Kole then. Most of the Kole's I have seen/bought are $9.99 so I had a bit of sticker shock Saturday. On the other hand all the Powder Browns and Blues I have seen have been double the price (or more) I paid Saturday.

I think the blue spotteds are pretty expensive, from what I can see from surfing the online sites. It must be the tomini that's $40-ish. Just a question - can you get aptasia from a fish that's been in a tank with it?

I'm with Gabriel on that one. I mean I suppose it is possible a small anemone could somehow cling on to a fish long enough to get into a bag and then get into your tank, but I would say you are more likely to get struck by lightning.