Kind of pondering the idea of calling it quits

ReeferKris

I think the time may be upon me that I have done what I wanted with the hobby and it is now time to call it quits. I am bored with almost everything the hobby has to offer. I mean, it's not a money thing and I think I will always enjoy marine aquaria but I just dont care to go on with it anymore. I get tired of coming home from work (where I deal with pets all day) and because I am a perfectionist with my set up and inhabitants, I go straight to playing with the tank. Has anyone ever felt this way?

I will be thinking about this over the next couple of days but I am pretty sure I am done.

I think the time may be upon me that I have done what I wanted with the hobby and it is now time to call it quits. I am bored with almost everything the hobby has to offer. I mean, it's not a money thing and I think I will always enjoy marine aquaria but I just dont care to go on with it anymore. I get tired of coming home from work (where I deal with pets all day) and because I am a perfectionist with my set up and inhabitants, I go straight to playing with the tank. Has anyone ever felt this way?

I will be thinking about this over the next couple of days but I am pretty sure I am done.

yes! sometimes you jsut get tired of something and the appeal and thrill dies. like i am sure that playing with the tank and such probably used to be the highlight of your day. things change. nothing wrong with it.

i think im starting to like my family much more now that i dont live in the house. or mabye because im 18 i dont know. but if you do decide to leave the hobby, you can always come back. sometimes a vacation is all you need. but it really is about what makes you happy. i wish you the best of luck with whatever you plan to spend your free time with. and if anything, you can always come back if you realize you really miss it. aquaria wont run out on you and dismiss your feelings...

have fun and you will be missed, well on the forum at least. its not like your dead errr. yea...

It's normal. Life changes, gets more complicated and busier. Talking from experience, I would suggest that you do think about it over a couple of weeks (is what is now taking your time a permanent situation? For example, did you just get a new girlfriend or whatever, or did you get married?) and then just get rid of your livestock while hanging onto your equipment a year or so before deciding to sell it.