AI Sols - anyone have them?

mrshall1027

So, I've decided to return the BMLED fixture that I purchased last week. Don't get me wrong, it's a great fixture, but I would need to buy two more to house all the coral that I want to have. We don't have a canopy on our tank so I don't think having three strips of lights across the tank will provide the clean look we would like to have.

Anyway, I am now looking at the AI Sol Blues and using the mounting brackets that attach to the back of the stand. We'll probably get two and RCA advised that would be enough to grow any type of coral in our 75 gallon.

Does anyone have any thoughts or input on these units?

I have AI SOL blues...but I am hanging mine

Hey Ryan. This is Yasmin smile.png I thought those were what you had. How do you like them?

ahahaha. Hey Yasmin. I love them I would go with the Vega if I were to buy again...just because I want the added color spectrum (not for growth, just for visuals)

This is the one area that the BML fixtures leave a lot to be desired; sleekness. Yes, it's small but it spans the entire length. I suppose one could figure out a way to mount a few 1ft fixtures in a mostly sleek manner, but then you'd have 4 or so power cords to deal with.

You might look at the Apollo fixtures; they are a sponsor too!

I think Chad and Belinda ran AI's for a bit so maybe they'll speak up too.

This is the one area that the BML fixtures leave a lot to be desired; sleekness. Yes, it's small but it spans the entire length. I suppose one could figure out a way to mount a few 1ft fixtures in a mostly sleek manner, but then you'd have 4 or so power cords to deal with.

I agree. If we had a canopy, then it wouldn't matter. But with having a topless tank, it will just look cluttered it my opinion.

The Vegas look pretty nice, but I'm already going over budget by going with the Sols and I don't think I stomach spending anymore right now :/

Edited by hall1027