Question about bass

fishypets

I've got a Sony 'dream system' with a big sub next to my tank. I don't turn it up very loud (in an apt) but so far I haven't noticed my fish acting strange.... that's not to say it doesn't bother them...

i dont have the most powerfull system, but in a good movie, the walls in the other rooms shake a bit, and i have never seen the fish act differently. in the bathroom not directly next to the room, i even found a small vase that vibrated off of a 4 inch wide shelf and fell to the floor.

If you set your speakers' output to 70 db during the test signals you should be just fine. You would need sustained, specific frequencies to generate the harmonics needed to crack a tank filled with water. I am not sure of the physics of it, but I think you are very safe as far as cracking a tank goes. Now how your fish will react to the movie is something else :)

If your receiver doesn't have automatic room calibration and you need a db meter I have one. So... whatcha gettin?

ps- I agree with Robt. Sea bass get extremely large and have big, big mouths.

I like a man with multiple hobbies that are outrageously expensive. You have your priorities straight. icon_thumright.gif Which B&Ws are you getting? I loved checking out the Nautilus ages ago at a local hi-fi store. I was recently back and they had the $10k pairs (or was it for a single? confused2.gif )