RO/DI filter group buy

Bmwaaron

Im ordering some RO DI filters at Two part solutions. The more we order the cheaper they are so if we can get some people that want them check out this link

http://www.twopartsolution.com/index.php?m...ex&cPath=79

Im already ordering

4 0.6 Micron MATRIKX® +1 Carbon Filter Cartridges $8.96

4 5 Micron MATRIKX + CTO/2 Carbon Filter $6.55

4 5 Micron Purtrex Depth Sediment filters $2.54

This is a reduced price, we need 10 of each to get an even lower price

How long do these last? Do these prices include shipping? Are there other micron sizes availible? Let me check my filter today and if compatable I would like 2 of each.

Edited by 4R00P3R

The filters life depends on your water quality. You should be measuring your water out of the Filter unit with a TDS meter and it should read 0 with new filters. I replace my filters when the TDS reads more then 4 or the DI resin is 80% Orange. When we were having all the flooding in spring my filters were lasting a couple months due to the high bacteria levels in the City water but normally they last 4-6 months. These are high quality filters, not the cheap stuff that is repackaged by some of the Aquarium companys. If you go to Lowes and look for a 5 micron sedimet filter you'll pay $10 for 1. I like having them on hand for 2 reasons.

1. They are very expensive to buy. these filters probably cost around $35.00 (for the set of 3) if you can get them this cheap. Online about $25.50 + $7.00 shipping

2. Only 1 store in town that carries them.

Keep in mind this does not include the DI filter which usually is about $25.00 or more.

I am considering ordering some DI Resin but at a later date.

If you guys want to go in on some DI Resin we can get 44 LBS of it for about $229.00 plus shipping, That will fill about 35 cartridges (you have to have refillable cartridges but I have never seen a DI cartridge that wasnt refillable). If you divide the price by 35 its about $6.50 a pop which is great compared to over $20

If you guys want to go in on the DI Resin Ill take 5 of the refills which means we need 30 more

Edited by Bmwaaron

My filter says I have to use SpectraPure filters or the warranty will be void. I'll check to see if the DI unit is refillable. I'm still considering sharing the order for filters.

The filters I use are 1 micron not 5, so I can't order these.

Edited by 4R00P3R

My filter says I have to use SpectraPure filters or the warranty will be void. I'll check to see if the DI unit is refillable. I'm still considering sharing the order for filters.

The filters I use are 1 micron not 5, so I can't order these.

Thats fine, but are you saying your Sediment filter is 1 micron? If so I would consider changing it to a 5, 1 micron will clog to fast with Austin or surrounding area water. The Carbon filter is .6 micron

Im just going to order 6 of each. If someone else wants one just contact me.

Just FYI we also use 1 micron filters on all our RO/DI units. If you think about it, if the 1 micron filter becomes clogged quickly but not the 5 micron, the stuff getting through is hitting your more expensive RO membrane.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...