Mag 5 & $ for a Mag 12 or similar

4R00P3R

I need to upgrade my return pump. I've got a 105 with a head level of about 5ft. Does anyone know the output of an Eheim 1262 @ 5ft? I don't know what the LFS was thinking when they told me a Mag 5 would work. Let me know what you've got to offer or any advice.

I will have a Mag12 available on Saturday from a setup I am buying. They are good pumps but add quite a bit of heat and suck power like there's no tomorrow. I am not going to use it on my setup and will be selling it for $50. I will shoot pics of it when I get it and test it.

On my 90g with a 45g sump the Mag 9 added about 1 degree. I would guess maybe two for the 12. They are rock solid pumps, but you pay for it in heat and power usage. I keep my tank at 79 though so I am not sure any internal pump is going to work for you. You might want to think about going external.

I will have a Mag12 available on Saturday from a setup I am buying. They are good pumps but add quite a bit of heat and suck power like there's no tomorrow. I am not going to use it on my setup and will be selling it for $50. I will shoot pics of it when I get it and test it.

Let me know as soon as you get it and I will bring you the $50.